Sunday, March 20, 2005

It's Been a Good Day

This is just something I feel I need to share.
Today I just really felt blessed by the Lord. When I look at my life, my beautiful wife, my wonderful kids, my health, my cool way to make a living - just everything, I feel really humbled and thankful. The Lord's been very good to me indeed.
Now some of you may not be interested in hearing that. Well, sorry if this post is a waste of your time, but it's just something I needed to get out there. Anyhow, if you want to have a great day yourself, just take a moment to look at your life, and instead of focusing on the things that irritate you (like we usually do, I'm guilty of that as well) go ahead and find the good things you're thankful for and offer up a quick "Thanks!" to heaven above and the God who lives there. I promise it won't hurt a bit. ;)

-k

9 comments:

neonhomer said...

It's always cool to lean back and look at what God's blessed you with. It's very humbling (as it should be) to see what he's done for you.

Now if only i could figure what He wants me to do with all that!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sometimes it's easy to focus on the negatives and things that irritate you instead of the things that are going well. Humans can be funny little monkeys :)

B

Anonymous said...

Amen, Keith. Every weekend I go home and take a breather. Then I realize that no matter how stressed out I am at school because my film is behind schedule - life is good. So good that I don't deserve it. That's when you realize that you have a responsibilty to sort of spread it around and do something for someone else - like donating a hefty percentage of income from selling great tutorials! Or just letting people know that you appreciate all of the joy they add to you life.

Anonymous said...

It's just great to hear an animator unafraid to share his faith and feelings for others to read. Thanks, Keith!

Anonymous said...

Although I am not religious, I am very spiritual. I appreciate your post greatly. It is very special to hear positive words - regardless of religious beliefs - about how wonderful life really can be ....And IS! Your positivity is contagious. Keep it coming, and we'll do the same!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I know that feeling. I went for a walk the other day, the sun was out, it had just rained and everything looked so alive and i was just blown away at everything God had created. I was just fasinated by everything I saw and made me appreciate everything God has done for us.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that refreshing post! I know the feeling of just stopping to take a look at things...observing God's creation. Every day he paints a new picture for us.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that refreshing post! I know the feeling of just stopping to take a look at things...observing God's creation. Every day He paints a new picture for us.

Anonymous said...

Your faith and boldness thereof, is very encouraging. Thanks Keith!