Friday, March 27, 2009

Dragon

Another DrawerGeeks, another entry. This one is a little more 'artsy'. Several comments/emails on my previous DG effort referenced a lack of artistic acumen on my part. So I figured I'd dust off my old artist's hat and wear it for a spell.

click to see it larger

By the way, this marks a turning point in world history- I have submitted two DG entries in a row after averaging one every three years. Stock up on canned goods, liquor and ammunition folks- the end is nigh.

7 comments:

Justin S Barrett said...

I gotta say, this is one of the few pieces in the Dragon round that made me pause. Love the style! Well done, sir. :)

Dennis S. said...

Very nice! Are you going to have this tattooed on you :)

Keith Lango said...

Tattoo? No, my inking days are probably over. Even if I did get more tattoos I don't think I'd do anything with a dragon on it. :)

Bruno Andrade said...

first thing I thought, would make a nice tatoo hehe
Way to go Keith, waiting to see the next entry, dont let us down man. ;)

Mike L said...

I'm not sure if you'll see this or not..this is a somewhat old post... but at any rate I thought I should try to clear up what I originally was trying to convey...

When I said it wasn't as "artsy", I was referring to the way that most of the other pieces seemed to take themselves all too seriously and attempted to come across as being overdone asian-inspired pieces. Yours had good composition and was more tongue-in-cheek. I wasn't trying to imply that you were lacking artistically, and I'm sorry if it came across that way.

Breadwig said...

Super swell design. I hope you'll still hang out with the hamfisted among us though.

Keith Lango said...

No worries at all, Mike. My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I wrote that. I realize that I'm not very talented when it comes to a lot of artsy things. But it's fun to try now and then. :)

And B-Ball--- my fists remain very hammy with bacon-y undertones.